A guide to choosing the right surgeon
When considering plastic surgery in Ireland, there is no substitute for an IAPS Member Surgeon.
Members of the Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Are certified by The Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
- Complete a combination of at least two years of general surgery with a minimum of six years of plastic surgery training.
- Operate only in accredited medical facilities.
- Adhere to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfil continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Are on the Specialist Register of Plastic Surgery of the Irish Medical Council.
Our Consultant Plastic Surgeons are fully trained in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic plastic surgery. They are all listed on the Specialist Register of Plastic Surgeons of the Irish Medical Council, and in possession of a Certificate of Completion of Training. They are all members of the Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons, and most are members of the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
It is also very important that you choose a Plastic Surgeon who is resident in Ireland and who can therefore provide comprehensive and continuous patient care, especially after your operation.